"Any day is a better day with popcorn." -Samantha Marley Barnett

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Death to the Prince!

Sam: As I was sitting in a freezing movie theater in a universe near you, my head was just whirling. It was making lists and correcting things and wondering if the film (Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time) could possibly get worse. I was gritting my teeth as the thoughts in my head almost boiled over. Yeah, I'm a hater.


Justin:
It was very obvious that the king's brother would want the throne. From the moment the narrator said that the king had a brother, I knew that he would want to remove his brother so he could rule. That kind of story is very overused. Though for a while, I did think that Dastan's brother had killed the king.

Also, I was annoyed by the princess' character. The way she acted was very---

Sam: Oh, God!  She is played by that same girl who simply refused to die in Clash of The Titians. I was like, 'Shut up, woman. You're not that pretty.' Also, what kind of name is 'Dastan'? I was flinching every time they said it. This movie follows the classic adventure plot: Young dude 'destined' to be a hero. Throw in some magic, a princess and a the constant Disney message. 'Just follow your heart'. 

Gosh, I love writing for this blog. It's like therapy.

Justin:
At least the Prince of Persia title is good in video game industry. The only good thing about this movie was the action. I actually enjoyed watching the prince run around the rooftops and killing bad guys. I also liked the knife-thrower guy. He was the movie's best character. Part of what made me like him was that he actually kept his mouth shut. 

Sam: So what this film really needed was a more refreshing and revieting script, better actors and maybe some new names. Otherwise, ze Prince of Perisa is 'destined' to be a box office flop.

1 comment:

  1. I have a retort to this movie review: http://chlosterina.tumblr.com/#656103182

    ReplyDelete